Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Longest Day Ever!

When I went into work Monday morning my boss sprung on me a trip to New York City for a marketing conference Wednesday and Thursday. I really don't mind conference's. I think you can learn a lot from getting out of the office and listening to others in your space. I wasn't overly excited about this trip though since I was only going up on Wednesday for the day and I knew it was going to be a ridiculously long day.

Our first session started at 9 am so in order to get there in time we had to be on the train at 5:15 am. This means a 3 am alarm this morning...are you kidding me? Of course I grabbed a red bull and ran out the door so when I got on the train there was no sleeping. The trip up was pretty easy though. The train was mellow and it was super easy to get a metro card and get up to the Hilton on 54th.  Stopped at Starbucks to grab a water and doughnut and headed to our conference.

The speakers were great. My favorite were the 2 founders of Stik.com. They were awesome presenters and even though it was a glorified infomercial for their business they had some really good information to provide. I think they were the favorite of most everyone at the conference (well everyone we talked to at least). I was a little disappointed because today wasn't the best day for networking and that was definitely something I was looking forward to.

We got back on the train around 3 pm and finally made it home at 7:30. Super tired but very excited to be home in time to see David and play for a little while. The next conference will either have to be closer or an overnight trip so I can get the networking out of it which is super important.

I'm headed to bed so I can get up in the morning and run...ugh. The first week and a half I was excited to get up and run but right now....not so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment