Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 7 - 1.5 Miles

Yesterday was my day off. My ankle and shins hurt Saturday after my run so I decided a day off would be a welcome break and a new pair of shoes were probably in order. I had started running in my older Nike Shox which aren't bad but they were a little small for running. Luckily we live about 1/2 mile from the Adidas outlet and I found a pair pretty quickly.

I woke up this morning feeling great...tired but my body felt good. I ran a mile and a half and felt great afterward. No shin pain, no ankle pain. Looks like my new shoes did the trick. I'm still not pushing myself to the extreme so I know that I'm pacing myself pretty well. I messaged my Uncle Leny yesterday and he recommended a pretty simple schedule for the next month or so to get me to a full 5k by before October.

Tomorrow is a day off so I get to sleep in!

Day 5 Stats
1.5 Miles
20:01 (13:20 mile)

No comments:

Post a Comment