Monday, February 13, 2012

Marine Corps Marathon: Pros and Cons

I had swore to myself and everyone around me that I had no desire to run a marathon...So I'm looking at the Marine Corps Marathon at the end of October. Time to break out the good 'ole Pro and Con List of Running the MCM.

Pros:
  1. Accomplishment - Only 2% of the population will ever run a marathon.  
  2. Marines - Self explanatory
  3. Great Fitness Goal 
  4. Awesome MCM Medal 
  5. Prestige - The MCM is one of the most desirable marathons to run selling out in only 30 hrs last year
  6. Did I mention the Marines?
  7. 8 Months Away - Plenty of time to train and develop a strategy. 
  8. Already Training - Training for a half in the fall, what's an extra 13 miles anyway?
  9. Local - My family would be able to come out to cheer me on


Cons:
  1. Pain
  2. Pain for 26.2 Miles
  3. Pain for the week following the 26.2 Miles
  4. Time Commitment - It is 8 months of training
  5. Baltimore Half Marathon 2 weeks before

Looks like I'll be crawling across the finish line in October, Who's Coming With Me!?!?!



2 comments:

  1. You can totally do it, Margaret! The pros outweigh the cons by far. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanls Christina. BTW you are going to rock that 5k!

    ReplyDelete