Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Kitchen Cabinet Hardware

Yay! I finally convinced the husband to put up Kitchen Cabinet Hardware. I mean it has only been 5 years since we moved in. I've spent a lot of time over the years trying to figure out what I like and what would look good. There isn't a ton of info online (that I could find at least) that gave me any inspiration. I liked the cup shaped pulls but knew it wouldn't fit with my home. I tried finding some sort of guide that would tell me to use pulls or knobs or both. When to use 2 knobs when to use 1, blah blah blah. At the end of the day I suggest going to the store grabbing a couple of pieces that catch your eye and bringing them home.

I found 2 pieces of hardware that I really liked. They are Antique Iron which is completely different than what I had originally been looking for. The first thing that caught my eye was the pull. It was simple, it wasn't overly expensive and I liked the dull (non-shiny) color. The matching knob was perfect. I don't like the perfectly round spheres so it was like a match made in heaven.
Now came the difficult part. Which piece do I use and where. I took 3 of each home to see what they looked like. I personally loved the pulls on the cabinets. The knobs looked good but the pulls were better. I tried the pulls on the drawers but as soon as I held them up I hated it. We put the pulls on the cabinets and the knobs on the drawers. For the smaller drawers (shown in picture below) we used 1 knob centered. For the longer drawers we used 2.  I think it turned out great. It is startling to me only because it has been years of just plain white cabinets.  Here is the finished project (the drawer under the sink isn't finished in the picture but it has 2 knobs on it):



All in all the project costed around $100 and totally transformed our kitchen. Money well spent!


No comments:

Post a Comment