Tuesday, December 9, 2008

2nd Appointment

So we had appointment number 2 today. It was the NT screening for Down's syndrome and other chromosonal problems. Dan and I aren't really concerned, there's no history on either side of any type of birth defects but, insurance covers it and the doctor recommends it so we went.

It was great! First is the Ultrasound, we got to see the baby for at least 20 minutes. The heartrate was a good 157 so we were happy with that. S/He was sleeping the entire time and no matter how much the tech pushed and prodded s/he wasn't moving. Of course that was until the end when the tech was done and was just getting some good photo shots for us. Then the baby started stretching and moving around. As soon as the baby moved Dan jumped back and I think it finally hit him that it was real. You could actually tell it was a baby; we could see the eyes, the nose, fingers, the belly, and the heartbeat. It was great since the last time we had an ultrasound was at 7 weeks so at that point it was just a "blob".

The second part was a blood test and for everyone that knows me - we all know that me and getting blood taken do NOT get along. But, Dan stayed by my side and I didn't pass out! I didn't even get woozy, I was so proud that I treated myself to a Sweet Tea from McDonalds afterward.

I had my regular OB appointment afterward which only took 5 minutes. They moved my due date to June 17th so it's almost like I got to skip 6 days. The small things that bring a smile to my face :)

Our next appointment is on January 9th, I will be 17 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment